In July 2014 one of the current elective units in the Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, the TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy and Numeracy Skills (LLN) will become a core unit.
Our Certificate IV in Training and Assessment course covers all new trainers for this unit.
All existing trainers are required to complete the LLN upgrade which we deliver keeping you industry compliant.
One day workshop for $225 or a self-paced online option for $195 (available soon).
One Day Workshop
Our one day workshops are currently fully booked. Jump onto our waiting list below and we’ll notify you as soon as a new course is scheduled.
Self paced online
Please add your details below and we’ll notify you as soon as their are online places available.
LLN Upgrade skills overview
- Deliver effective training and assessment
- Analyse and apply the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) at a level appropriate to the outcomes of the unit
- Make judgements about the LLN requirements of learner skill levels and training
- Communicate with other professionals about LLN requirements
- Liaise with personnel, including managers or supervisors, from the training and/or assessment organisation
- Liaise with appropriate external authorities
- Interpret a wide range of documents
- Self-management and organisational skills to meet the LLN requirements of learners
- Interpersonal skills to:
- Encourage learner development
- Demonstrate sensitivity to cultural issues
The learning outcomes for the LLN include:
- Identify existing LLN skills of learners using validated LLN assessment tools.
- Determine the LLN requirements of the workplace, in line with the Australian Core Skills Framework.
- Decide when specialist LLN support is required.
- Access appropriate specialist LLN support.
- Develop learning plan for participants to achieve required core LLN skills.
- Revise learning resources to be LLN appropriate.
- Apply learning support strategies to facilitate full participation and development of required LLN skills.